New Zealand: Auckland – Avoid area around hotel on Hobson Street due to ongoing emergency operations following suspected gas leak
The authorities on the morning of 25 August evacuated the Hotel Grand Chancellor on Hobson Street in central Auckland (North Island) after a suspected gas leak in a room. One person is reported to have died in the incident. The authorities have cordoned off the area around the hotel and closed two lanes near the intersection of Hobson and Fanshawe streets. Emergency response operations are under way.
• Avoid the vicinity of the affected hotel on Hobson Street due to ongoing emergency operations.
• Expect localised disruption until the operations conclude.
• Follow all security force directives.
• Monitor our travel security alerts on New Zealand for further updates.