About the business
CT Connections is the corporate travel management partner of choice in Australia.
We strive to add value to our partners – clients, suppliers and employees alike – at every opportunity, with every piece of advice we give, with every conversation we have and at every connection we make.
Our goal, as our client’s corporate travel partner is to deliver service excellence, cost management and genuine value at every opportunity.
We are an organisation that believes our Values of Passion, Respect, Innovation, Customer Satisfaction and Teamwork are the very spirit and purpose that drive our business. We’re community minded and reward and recognise our people, their development and their achievements.
Our market-leading brands include CT Connections, Executive Edge, the Totem Group and The Departure Lounge.
About the role
In line with the significant growth and ongoing innovation of our business, we are seeking a passionate, experienced and values-aligned individual to join our Melbourne office as a Business Development Manager.
As a Business Development Manager, you will be responsible for developing relationships with key decision makers in organisations and creating sales opportunities to present the CT Connections Travel Group value proposition of service excellence, cost management and genuine value with the objective of acquiring new corporate travel business in accordance with set targets.
The role reports in to our Head of Business Development and will work closely with other areas of our business to ensure we’re providing seamless client service.
Skills and experience
The successful applicant will have:
- a minimum 3 years sales/business development experience
- a minimum 3 years travel or travel-related industries experience
- high level professional communication skills including presentation skills
- the ability to work with various stakeholders at multi-levels within corporate businesses (travel bookers, procurement, finance, senior management, etc)
- experience in responding to tenders and preparing proposals
- excellent time, delegation and project management skills
- a strong team ethic
In your capacity as a Business Development Manager, you will:
- Demonstrate the ability to source new business by building and growing business networks to convert business opportunities, utilising sales resources such as Salesforce) to source potential new business leads, researching prospects and converting cold calls and warm leads into meetings and/or opportunities to submit proposals.
- Represent CT Connections Travel Group in a professional and ethical manner aligned with corporate values.
- Demonstrate sound business and commercial acumen including an understanding of corporate functions, in particular procurement and financial functions, procurement trends, travel markets, and the ability to listen to (or infer) client needs and tailor and present solutions to address them.
- Develop industry networks and engage with key suppliers and business leaders and create credibility of a trusted advisor.
- Demonstrate high-level project and time management skills by managing tender response teams efficiently and effectively and delivering projects, proposals and tender documents well within deadlines.
- Follow standard operating procedures for maintaining CRM systems.
- Be highly skilled in written and verbal communication.
- Be highly motivated and target-driven and demonstrate a strategic mindset in order to achieve pre-agreed goals.
- You are looking for something different and want to join an organisation that is forward thinking, promotes accountability and prides itself on its culture.
If this opportunity interests you, do apply by sending your latest resume to Recruitment@ctconnections.com.au